Tuesday, March 9, 2010

He is HERE!!!

Wow, the day has arrived!! We have just welcomed a wee one into our Baby Rhys family, in the form of a precious baby boy, the 4th for our President/CEO, Pam. I can't begin to express my excitement at lil "B"'s arrival! I always tell Pam she is a living saint, to be mommy to 4 boys, all while running this incredible company, Baby Rhys Adventure Gear. Also an incredible friend, wife, sister, daughter & many more titles; she certainly has a full dance card!

With B's arrival there are so many great things in store for us personally & as a team! A birth is the reminder of what is important, what REALLY matters & how amazing the "little things" can be. Since I am done my child bearing, this new baby is as close to my own as I will get & I am celebrating the miracle of this new little soul.

There are no better words to write here than the words chosen by baby B's Daddy the day before he was born:

I’ve climbed majestic mountains
Up to the top,
Navigated wild rivers
Without a stop.

Dived off jagged cliffs
Into choppy seas,
Marched down lonely roads
Despite injured knees.

Authored stories and books
Done my best to inspire,
Changed what I could
Maintained my fire.

But my finest hour
Was when I became your dad,...
You gave my wife and me
Much more than we had.

I wish we had a saner world
Where kids never died,
Where nice people finished first
And worked side by side.

I wish I could protect you
From all hurt and pain,
So that you always smiled
And remained the same.

But all I can do
Is try to be there,
When you need some help
And you’re gasping for air.

There will be times
When things seem such a mess,
And seems no one can help you
Pass your next test.

But as sure as the stars
If you look up you’ll see,
A silver-lined cloud
With the same name as me.


Congrats to my friends who are so much more like family than even they know.....
Here's to NEW BEGINNINGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment