Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Great tip for Halloween!

Is it really OCTOBER tomorrow?! Wow.

Now that we have our kids settled into school, it's time to think about the upcoming holiday of Halloween (even though certain stores already have CHRISTMAS stuff out, good grief!).
Lucky for me, my kids are now at an age where they pretty much tell me what they want to be & it is usually the latest trend amongst kids their age....so this year we have a Darth Vader & a Hannah Montana, like most of their classmates. Of course mine will be the cutest. Teehee.

The one thing that never gets easier for Halloween as the kids age (at least not yet) is the overwhleming amount of candy & what exactly is the best way to carry it all. Since it is usually about 15 below, snow on the ground & a dark, winter like night, it is always a struggle. Pillow cases are too big & hard to hold with mitten hands. Plastic bags have cheap handles & are a no-no with our eco-conscious kiddo's. And the hard plastic pumpkins with the black handles (you know the ones I am talking about!) hold about a handful of candy, if you can get your hand in there between the mitten holding it! ARGH!

Well, fret no more. One of our biggest Baby Rhys fans, Abbey, gave me the most obvious solution. OUR TRAVEL TOY BAGS of course! http://www.babyrhys.com/traveltoybag.html The bright colors show up great in the dark night, the fabric is sturdy & strong & best of all the clip will hook right onto the child's costume (or even Dad's belt loop, if he is still "carrying" the wee ones!). Now you'd THINK that as the Marketing Director for Baby Rhys, this solution would have been obvious to me, but THANK-YOU ABBEY, for saving me another frustrating year of candy collecting! (Of course the travel toy bags are good year round & have countless uses, so stock up!)

If you have any other cool "MacGuyver Mommy" tricks up your sleeve, with our products or anything on the market, let's hear them! Please email them to me to share with our readers, I don't have to post your name. I need all the help I can get!

marketing@babyrhys.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen, thanks for posting my tip! I seriously swear by the travel bag, for SO many things. Maybe I should send a list?!
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete