Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not by a long shot

I recently had a conversation with a dear friend of mine whom I respect & admire deeply & it was something she said that I have to share with you.
This woman is amazing. Incredibly smart, business savvy, & one of the best mother's I know, an all around beautiful soul.

So imagine my surprise when discussing a possible break for her company in the form of some HUGE publicity, she said to me: "It's such a long shot". Now, knowing my friend, I understand that this was more of a protective mechanism incase it doesn't pan out & also just part of her very humble, down to earth personality as never one to boast, but it really got me thinking.

"It's such a long shot".

I wonder if SHE sees in her mirror; the person I see when I sit across from her, the person EVERYONE around her sees. Does she know that she is inspiring on so many levels & that the sky is her limit? That people in all walks of life look up to her & admire what she has accomplished & who she is? That her "long shot" will be a SURE SHOT if she believes it will be? Does she realize that this dream she has really is within her immediate reach? I hope she'll read this & knows it now.

Am I done telling her every single day that is not only a POSSIBILITY, but closer to REALITY than she knows.....
Not by a long shot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment